Confused on how to post a blog article? You are not alone!
I am frequently asked by clients for training on how to post blogs to their website. Unless websites have the Classic Editor plugin added to their website, the post are probably utilizing the Gutenberg page builder. This blog article is an overview of how to add blog posts with the Gutenberg page builder whether it’s completely new to you or you just need a refresher course.
- On the left side of dashboard says “Post”- “Add New”. Select “Add New”
2. Insert Title at the Top where it says “Add Title”
4. After you are done entering written content, press enter. This gives you an option for another block.
5. If you are entering a YouTube video, find the video under YouTube, press share and use the URL under the share link.
There are many other content blocks you can add with Gutenberg but paragraph and video are the most used.
6. You should always have a Featured Image for your blog! The Featured Image is what shows on the blog feed. You can find the Featured Image on the right side of the post. You will see “Document” at the top, under the Preview and Publish buttons. Press “Document”. Scroll down and you will see an option for “Featured Image”. The Featured Image will be at the top of your post.
7. Set categories and tags for your posts. You will also find this under “Document”. Make sure to uncheck “Uncategorized” under “Categories”.
8. You can customize what the post will look like on social media and Google. Scroll down to the SEO Yoast settings. Here you can change the title and description. The photo will be the featured image.
9. Post the blog by pushing the Publish button at the top.